Earlier this week Telstra launched their latest 4G Wifi Modem – the Advanced Hotspot. Telstra is the first Australia Telco to launch a wifi modem which can connect up to 10 devices at the same time.
The Telstra Mobile Wi-Fi 4G Advanced features a colour touch screen for managing settings without having to log into a PC browser and a data meter linked into the Telstra billing system. Battery life is 10 hours (up to 250 hours on stand-buy).
Key features of the Telstra Wi-Fi 4G Advanced:
- Allows customers to connect up to 10 Wi-Fi enabled devices to fast mobile internet.
- A 2.4-inch colour screen displays information such as data usage, Wi-Fi name, signal strength, number of devices connected and battery level at a glance. The touch interface allows owners to read SMS notifications and change setting such as Wi-Fi range and band direct from the device without having to connect to a PC interface.
- 4G Category 4 and 3G Dual Channel technology ensures owners are connected to the fastest speeds available in their area, across the Telstra Mobile Network.
- Features dual-band Wi-Fi capable of providing Wi-Fi coverage on both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands.
- Battery supports up to ten hours’ continuous use or up to 250 hours/10-days standby.
What about the price, well it isn’t cheap at $218 if purchased outright. You can also purchase it via a Telstra mobile broadband plan for $6/mth ($50 Telstra Mobile Broadband Freedom® Plan)